Comforting Others
During my devotion tonite, I read something from Billy Graham's book titled "Hope for Each Day" that really hit home. This is the 3rd year I'm using this book as part of my daily devotion. Each time I read it, I get something out of it that's different from the previous times (just like reading the bible). Tonite's reading was actually yesterday's reading but I wasn't able to read it. It spoke louder today than it would have been yesterday. Combining with what my doctor said to me this morning, it's like God's answer to my prayer for help and understanding of everything that's going on. Someone once said to me, with everything we experience, God is trying to teach us something to better equip ourselves. Some we eventually will get it but others we might never find out during this lifetime. It's all part of God's great plan and we just need to have faith.
Comforting each other and edify one another.1 Thessalonians 5:11"It is an undeniable fact that usually those who have suffered most are best able to comfort others who are passing through suffering. They know what it is to suffer, and they understand more than others what a suffering person is experiencing--physically, emotionally, and spiritually. They are able to empathize as well as sympathize with the afflictions of others because of what they have experienced in their own lives.Our suffering may be tough and hard to bear, but they teach us lessons that in turn equip and enable us to help others. Our attitude toward suffering should not be, "Grit your teeth and bear it," hoping it will pass as quickly as possible. Rather, our goal should be to learn all we can from what we are called upon to endure, so that we in turn can "comfort each other and edify one another."

<< Home