Sunday, July 09, 2006

Some much needed time off

I enjoyed a really relaxing and meaningful week off. I didn't go anywhere, but I did a lot of last minute things with friends and families. Sometimes it's better not to plan anything and be spontaneous. For those of you who knows me well, I'm more of a planner. I like to know what I'll be doing, especially when I have a whole week off. This time, the only two things planned were the wedding in Carmel and Dim Sum in the city w/Ben (really hard to see during daytime 'cuz of his job), Linda, Alex, and Mike. But I managed to have Dim Sum twice, saw two movies (Superman Returns and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)*, did some shopping (my wallet is empty now...=(...), worked out twice (including once at the long forgotten 24 Hr. Fitness), watched the World Cup and had an all-girls tea party (lots of fun...got to have it more often).

It doesn't sound like much to people, but it meant a lot 'cuz I spent quality time with many of my closest friends. I feel more refreshed and ready to go back to work (need to save up some money now that I'm going to Italy in October with Lily, her dad and Mike). Yes, I'm traveling again. This just came up early this week when Lena's (Lily's sister) coworker got some extra buddy passes (from Delta) that were expiring, so we decided very last minute. Italy! Here we come...

*Movie review:
- Superman Returns - Good but not great. Had more drama than the previous Superman. Would be better to watch it at IMAX (have ~5-6 special effects that you can't see at reg. theaters).
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Good (had several funny scenes) but story was incomplete. They made it like Star Wars part II where it was to setup for part III. Part III is coming out next May.